Natural Antibiotics can be classified in three broad categories of herbs. Namely – systemic, non-systemic and synergistic herbs.
|NON SYSTEMIC HERBS:
The following five herbs are extremely helpful in treating systemic infections such as tuberculosis, malaria, MRSA and resistant staphylococcus:
The leaves of Sida acuta are ovate, toothed and cordate. The fruit is disc like. The plant contains chlorides, alkaline sulphate, asparagine, ash, calcium carbonate and magnesium phosphate. The roots of the herb are regarded as being cooling, tonic, astringent, bitter, demulcent, febrifuge, and diuretic. It’s often used to treat bacterial infections, fever, nervous system disorders, sciatica, facial paralysis and promotes wound healing. Preferred mode of consumption is via decoction, usually fond of patients experiencing intermittent fever and chills. The juice from the roots is frequently used to hasten the process of wound healing. Powder of the bark and root is consumed with sugar and milk to ease the process of micturition. An extremely useful oil is prepared by addition of sesame oil and milk in the decoction of Sida acuta. This really is impactful in treating disorders of the nervous system, sciatica and facial paralysis. The leaves of the plant could be cooked and eaten to be able to cure bleeding piles.
An essential thing to know this can be a Ayurvedic idea of doshas. According to Ayurveda, you will find three doshas: vata, pitta and kapha. A balance involving the three doshas is imperative for optimal health. Sida acuta is one of many few herbs that ensure optimal balance involving the three doshas.
The basis of the herb, Cryptolepis sanguinolenta is utilized in traditional African medicine to treat a number of diseases such as for instance jaundice, malaria, urinary tract infections, hepatitis, hypertension, stomach ache and other inflammatory conditions. There is no proof toxicity even though the roots of the herb are consumed every day for decades at a stretch. Loads of interesting pharmacological properties can be found in the crude extract along with other alkaloidal constituents of the plant.
The dried extract of the herb will come in the form of teabags which can be consumed every day. People in Ghana have already been consuming this to avoid themselves from the falciparum bacteria.
On investigation of the leaves, stem and root barks of the Alchornea cordifolia plant, it was unearthed that the herb demonstrated significant antimicrobial activity against Bacillus subtilis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli (or E. coli). It is an incredibly impactful herbal antibiotic that will ensure prevention and treatment of diseases.
“The 50% aqueous ethanol extract of Alchornea cordifolia (Schum and Thonn) Muell. Arg. leaf was screened for activity against 74 microbial strains representing aerobic, facultative and anaerobic bacteria as well as fungi. The panel of test strains included organisms from culture collections as well as clinical and environmental isolates. A concentration of 5 mg/mL of extract inhibited 36.5% of the isolates and 95.9% were inhibited by way of a concentration of 20 mg/mL. Only three strains, all filamentous fungi, weren’t vulnerable to 40 mg/mL of the extract, the best concentration tested.
The extract showed the very best activity against grampositive bacteria and yeasts with inhibitory concentrations against these organisms being under 5 mg/mL. The outcomes demonstrate that the A. cordifolia extract features a very broad spectral range of activity and shows that it may be useful in the treating various microbial infections.” – published in: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10189955
This can be a sweetly aromatic herb with tiny yellow flower heads and contains the chemical artemisinin. The aerial elements of the plant are found in making anti-malarial drugs. The plant is also known as sweet wormwood. The herb has been found in traditional Chinese medicine to treat fever, jaundice, dizziness, headache and nosebleeds.
The chemical artemisinin is an extremely powerful antimalarial. It could, in fact, kill the most deadly malarial parasite.
Bidens pilosa is employed as a healing plant in Africa, Asia and tropical America. The leaves, roots and seeds possess amazing antidysenteric, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimalarial, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, diuretic and hypotensive activities.
Medicinally, the herb is found in five different manners:
- the sap from crushed leaves is employed to hasten the process of clotting of blood in fresh wounds
- a decoction created from leaves is employed to treat headaches
- the sap from the plant is found in the form of drops to treat ear infection
- a decoction created from the leaf powder is utilized to treat kidney problems
- and a herbal tea is made from the plant to eradicate flatulence
Extracts from the plant, Bidens pilosa have been found in Southern Africa to cure malaria. It’s found in Zimbabwe to cure mouth and stomach ulcers, headaches and diarrhea. The water that’s remaining from cooking this herb is retained because of this purpose. A suspension created from powdered leaves can also be used as enema to treat abdominal discomfort. People in Congo utilize the concoction from the entire plant as a poison antidote.
In addition they put it to use to ease the process of child delivery and to ease the pain emerging from hernia. The South Africans use decoctions of the plant to treat inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. The herb also finds used in the treating dysentery and jaundice. The sap from the plant can be used to treat burns. The powder based on the seeds is found in the form of an area anesthetic for wounds and cuts. It’s even used to treat swollen spleen in children. The plant, therefore, helps in fighting against bacteria, is a powerful immune booster and is frequently used being an anti-inflammatory.
The next three herbs are impactful in treating infections of the urinary tract, GI tract and the skin:
Juniper grows wild in a few parts of North America, Europe and Asia. The tree is short to medium height, with typically the most popular variety being Juniper communis. Juniper berry is used to produce medicines.
These generally include the extract of Juniper berry in addition to the gas of the herb. Juniper has been used since really miss problems linked to the intestinal tract such as for instance flatulence, heartburn, stomach upset, bloating, loss in appetite and intestinal worms. It is also useful for bladder and kidney stones in addition to infections of the urinary tract. It is extremely impactful in treating snakebites, cancer and diabetes. The gas is often inhaled to deal with bronchitis.
Juniper not only decreases gas and inflammation but in addition fights viruses and bacteria.
The root of American goldenseal or Hydrastis Canadens is valued as a stomachic, tonic and also useful for application for sore eyes. It works well in cases of general ulceration and comes with an extremely impactful action against the bacteria that cause food poisoning e.g. Salmonella and E. coli.
The mechanism of action is laxative, tonic and alterative. It’s one of the greatest remedies for digestive disorders and demonstrates a particular action on the mucous membrane. This makes it a valuable solution for catarrh. The herb has demonstrated awesome results in treating hemorrhoids and is utilized in chronic inflammation of the rectum and the colon. It’s administered in the proper execution of injections to deal with hemorrhoids with great success rates. The powder from dried root of Goldenseal is used as a snuff for nasal catarrh.
The herb is utilized in dyspepsia, loss in appetite, gastric catarrh, and liver troubles. It is a superb stomach tonic for habitual constipation and a great solution for vomiting and sickness. It’s utilized in tea as a decoction or an infusion. It is also available in liquid form or in the proper execution of capsules. Poultices will also be useful for topical application.
Today, many people embrace honey owing to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It’s often regarded as one of nature’s best all-round remedies by holistic practitioners. Honey hampers the growth of pathogens such as for instance Salmonella and E. coli. Additionally, it fights against bacteria such as for instance Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus.
You’ll observe that some types of honey are lighter whereas some are darker. The one which is darker has better antioxidant and antibacterial powers.
Usnea is a number of lichen that grows on trees. Though lichens seem to be single plants, they’re a display of the symbiotic relationship between algae and fungi. They thrive in flat, colorful patches. Usnea may be black, reddish or whitish. The plant body of the herb is useful for medicinal purposes.
Usnea is typically used for pain relief, weight management, wound healing and fever control. It also helps in healing cough. It can be used on the skin of the mouth and throat in case of sore throat and mouth ulcers. It is extremely impactful in case of tonsillitis. The ingredients in the plant enable it to combat those bacteria and therefore fight infections.
These herbs enhance the activity and effectiveness of other herbs by elevating how many antibacterial agents within the body and therefore, improving the general immune function.
The licorice root with its long listing of uses is in reality one of the very most overlooked herbal remedies. The herb’s key therapeutic compound is known as glycyrrhizin (and this is at the very least fifty times sweeter than sugar) which makes it a prized herb for treating a bunch of ailments. Licorice is known to elevate the general immune protection system of the body.
The listed great things about the herb include:
- The glycyrrhizic acid in Licorice presents great benefits in treating anxiety, nervousness and depression.
- The Licorice root elevates the flow of bile and eventually controls the cholesterol levels by eliminating excess cholesterol from the body.
- The antiviral action of the herb supports treating herpes and shingles.
- Poultices and salves made by the herb are accustomed to treat psoriasis, eczema, dry skin and skin rashes.
- It soothes the digestive tract and helps in stomach problems.
- It’s even employed for weight reduction.
- It prevents gastrointestinal ulcers.
- The spasmodic, anti-inflammatory and estrogenic action is a good help during menstrual cramps, mood swings, bloating and nausea.
- It is advantageous in hormonal problems such as mood swings, exhaustion and hot flashes.
- It’s really useful in treatment of polycystic ovarian disease.
- It can be an unwinding expectorant.
Licorice is best consumed as tea. In order to prepare this tea, the basis of the herb is cut into one inch pieces and placed between layers of wax paper. The pieces are then broken using a sledge and a powder is prepared using a pestle and mortar. A teaspoon of this powder is then put into a cheese cloth which will be further put into a pot full of boiling water. That is allowed to steep set for around ten minutes and sweetened with honey.
Pleasantly spicy, pungent and aromatic – ginger is frequently used as a particular component in Asian curries, fruit dishes, biscuits and pies. The flesh of ginger could be white, yellow or red in color with respect to the variety used.
The listed great things about the herb include:
- Ginger contains zinc, magnesium and chromium which supports blood circulation and protection against fever, chills and excessive sweat.
- It’s an incredibly powerful remedy for motion sickness.
- It enhances the absorption of essential nutrients in the body.
- It’s a positive shot treatment for flu and cold.
- Ginger also helps in-digestion.
- It reduces pain and inflammation.
- It can help in combating respiratory problems such as cough and congestion.
- It guards against colorectal cancer.
- Ginger powder is recognized to initiate cell death in ovarian cancer cells.
- It strengthens immunity and fights morning sickness.
You can add two tablespoons of shredded ginger in a cupful of warm water to prepare your healthy cup of tasty ginger tea. A teaspoon of honey not only sweetens the tea, but also works on elevating your immunity.
Freshly grated ginger could be combined with water, lemon juice and cane sugar to prepare an appealing and healthy lemonade
Just mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce and olives for a healthy salad dressing.
Curries and stir fries can be spiced up with a teaspoon of shredded ginger.
Garlic is a widely known herbal remedy that’s been used since ancient times to take care of various ailments. You may want to add garlic into your daily diet in your recipes or consume it in isolation as a medicine. The beauty of garlic is that dried its dried flakes are as much impactful as fresh garlic
The listed benefits include:
- Best noted for its antiviral and antibacterial properties, garlic helps in controlling bacterial, yeast, fungal, viral and worm infections.
- It provides relief in fungal infections such as athlete’s foot and ringworm.
- It’s often used as an anti-clotting agent.
- It prevents you from cardiovascular problems such as atherosclerosis and heart attacks.
- It can help in reducing your triglyceride levels and total blood cholesterol levels too.
- You should use garlic every single day to be able to diminish the frequency of colds.
- It is also used to regulate the degree of blood sugar levels in diabetes.
- It is very impactful in treating warts and corns.
- Daily intake of garlic lowers the chance of cancer.
- Garlic also elevates the metabolism of iron.
- It is also used as an aphrodisiac.
- It provides substantial relief in toothache.
- Garlic can assist you to reduce weight too!
You may want to separate the average person cloves by applying gentle pressure with the palm of one’s hand. You need to then peel the garlic with a blade or using your hand. Chopping or cutting the garlic boosts the enzymatic process that’s in charge of converting the phytonutrient alliin into allicin. A number of health benefits of garlic are caused by allicin. Letting the garlic sit for some minutes before utilizing it maximizes the beneficial properties of allicin.
Garlic should not be cooked in hot oil, although the simplest way to consume it’s raw. Adding garlic to everyday soups and sauces ensures that you are consuming a little bit of good health every day. Crushed garlic can be applied on the tooth for respite from toothache. It will irritate the gums though!
In many countries a number of people today consume black pepper. What they do not know is that they are unconsciously working towards enhancing their immunity. As a remedy black pepper is consumed to soothe an upset stomach, treat bronchitis and assist in cancer. The anti-bacterial action helps it be really useful in treating cholera and malaria.
The anti-inflammatory action helps it be a helpful component in treating scabies. It is also used to alleviate nerve pains.
Cayenne pepper or capsicum has been used therapeutically in the Chinese and the American societies since time immemorial. It can help in neutralizing acidity and elevating circulation.
The listed benefits include:
- Cayenne possesses some amazing anti irritant properties and therefore is very good for an upset stomach, sore throat or that irritating cough.
- It is definitely an antispasmodic and eases stomach ulcers too!
- It can help in clearing the accumulated mucus and therefore provides significant respite from cold.
- It is a very impactful anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent.
- It can help in relieving allergies too.
- It stimulates your intestinal tract, relieves intestinal gas and metabolizes toxins and foods.
- It enhances the production of saliva which ensures that you always maintain great oral health.
- Cayenne also eliminates atherosclerosis, therefore, eradicating one of the major factors leading to heart attack.
- Cayenne is a circulatory stimulant that elevates the natural detoxification process in your body.
- It’s impactful in a number of degenerative and chronic conditions.
- In addition it elevates your capability to sweat, which is another great mechanism to detoxify.
- It is a powerful joint reliever and a potent anti-cancer agent.
- Cayenne is a superb remedy for gum and tooth diseases.
- Cayenne pepper poultice can be used to take care of wounds, rheumatism, snake bites and sores.
In order to prepare the Cayenne pepper ointment, you should just add one teaspoon of cayenne to 2 oz. of vegetable lard and heat the mixture on a really slow flame for around five minutes. Don’t forget to keep stirring consistently. You are able to pour the mixture into a vessel and leave it for cooling once it reaches the specified consistency. Feel free to utilize it over areas that have become severely chilled. Avoid utilising the ointment over delicate areas.
Including Cayenne pepper in your daily diet can assist you to get over anorexia or loss in appetite.
Cayenne pepper will come as a healthier alternative in cases where you stand suffering from a poor digestion and yet getting the urge to eat pickles or chutneys. Just mince one cucumber, one head of garlic, one small onion, one tablespoon lime juice and fifty per cent of a teaspoon of Cayenne. Blend these together, pour in a vessel and refrigerate. Consume once the temptation to consume pickles becomes unbearable! Good health, natural immunity, no preservatives– it’s the entire package
You’ve used cinnamon in cakes, pies and puddings. You do love that delicious aroma, don’t you? And I actually do want to mention the bountiful health benefits that it brings.
The listed great things about cinnamon include:
- It helps in reducing your bad cholesterol levels.
- It regulates your blood glucose level and therefore treats type 2 diabetes.
- It’s regarded as you of the greatest antifungals on the market as candida cannot thrive in a nutmeg environment.
- It possesses magnificent anti-clotting properties too.
- The aroma of cinnamon juice can stimulate your memory and cognitive abilities.
- It is a fantastic natural remedy for eliminating headaches and migraine attacks.
- It can even relieve an excruciating arthritis pain.
Usage of cinnamon in large doses is toxic. However, a little pinch added into your coffee, tea, sandwiches and soups can perhaps work wonders.
A cinnamon wash is a fantastic remedy for vaginitis. A touch of cinnamon could be added to warm water. This may be used as a vaginal wash. To use, simply wash round the vagina utilizing a cotton-wool ball. Next, immerse a tampon in this water and insert in your vagina. Change the tampon every three hours utilising the same method.
A touch of cinnamon could be added to boiling water in order to prepare a yummy cinnamon tea which can be had in between or before meals. It prevents bloating and flatulence.
Basil is often referred to as the king of herbs as a result of presence of high level of phytonutrients in the herb. It can be known as the ‘holy herb’ in several countries throughout the world.
The listed great things about Basil include:
- Basil leaves demonstrate some good health promoting and disease preventing benefits.
- The polyphenolic flavonoids that are contained in the herb provide it some amazing antioxidant benefits.
- The fundamental oils contained in Basil (such as eugenol, linalool, terpineol, etc.) have excellent anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin K in basil helps in strengthening of bones.
- It is a good supply of minerals such as copper, iron, magnesium and manganese.
- Basil is an abundant supply of vitamin A, betacarotene, lutein and cryptoxanthin which will make it great to fight aging and maintain health
- Basil is even helpful for arthritis and neuralgia.
- It could clear the sinuses and provide protection against colds and flu.
Basil oil may be used topically to aid in cramps, rheumatism and neuralgia.
A touch of basil snuff is an easy and excellent remedy for blocked sinuses.
Experiencing blocked sinuses and congestion? Not a problem! Just pour yourself some heated water over a teaspoon of basil powder and let it steep for ten minutes. Drink this while warm such as for instance a herbal tea to see immediate relief.